We have had an amazingly, crazy first week. Monday started off with a bang. Tuesday followed suit and we ended the night with Meet The Teacher. I was so proud to see all of your bright and smiling faces and get to meet parents. Although it was a brief second, I still love meeting the families of my students so I know who I will be talking to over the course of the year. Wednesday we played a fun team-building game in class on the Tallest Building and had a great time with it (pictures will be coming soon). Today, each class created their Social Contract for the year. The video below explains a bit more about the system that we use for this.
Each class will be getting a copy of their Social Contract to keep in their binders (in the handouts section). I am hoping the binders that each student is keeping is going to help keep them organized in Math this year and will save on a lot of the "I lost it." or "Can I get a new copy?" Taking a few minutes now may make the difference for the future.
I have received a few emails about how to remain updated when new blog posts arise. You can become a "Follower" of this blog. By doing so you are showing me that you are a reader of the blog. If you are a Google user, you can use Google Reader and our blog will show up in that feed. Also, I have added a "Subscribe To" feature where you can get the blog posts in other online readers. If you use Outlook, some servers will also allow you to add it to your RSS feeds. Hope this helps.
Check back often and don't forget to leave comments! :) Don't forget that TOMORROW (Friday, August 27th) is our Beginning of the Year Diagnostic Test and you have a Practice Sheet due. Next week I will be going over the First Six Weeks project that is a Test Grade! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment on our class blog.